Received from VisitEngland 23 October but unable to access sufficient band width whilst travelling yesterday to complete posting. Rather short notice but some English destinations may still be able to take advantage of this opportunity:
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has teamed up with VisitEngland, English Heritage, and National Trust to run a mini digital campaign focused around the half term period.
The aim of the campaign is to promote small tourism businesses in the UK, by encouraging people to talk proudly about their local communities and favourite tourist attractions across their social media channels, using the #GREATdayout hashtag. The campaign will be focused around days out, highlighting what people can enjoy across the holiday period.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
• Use the #GREATdayout hashtag from 20 October and during half-term week to join the conversation
• Look to create your own content promoting what you have on offer and share it on your channels using the #GREATdayout hashtag. Make us aware of your content so we can help promote it with our followers
• Ask your followers to share images of their #GREATdayout with @DCMS
• Businesses can also provide images to DCMS by contacting Amanda Downey at Amanda.email@example.com with a short quote about your half term activities and they will share via their channels
• Competition: DCMS will be running a competition on Twitter from 27 October asking people to tell us them why they love their local area/attractions. This will also be added to the DCMS Pinterest wall. If you would like to provide a competition prize from your area for example a hamper of local produce, please contact Amanda Downey at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org