Annual attractions survey your help required
Original email from VisitEngland reads:
Subject : Annual Attractions Survey – Help Needed Please!
We’ll soon be launching the Annual Survey of Visits to Visitor Attractions for 2017, and would very much appreciate your help.
The study is a really useful one for the industry – it is an official statistic which is used by the government to gauge the performance of the attractions sector across England, and it receives wide amounts of media coverage – both local and national. Last year’s results can be found here.
The survey is self-completing and we’re always looking to increase the number of attractions that take part. We’d really appreciate it if you were able to help us in the following ways, which would help us to boost the robustness of the survey:
- Please let us know if you are aware of any attractions that have opened or closed in your destination in the past two years
- Please encourage attractions in your area to take part in the survey, and where possible to allow us to publish their visitor figures – we can supply copy for newsletter and other communications to help with this
- If you receive enquiries about the survey that you are unable to answer, feel free to direct any of these to email@example.com
- If attractions get in touch to say that they haven’t received the survey by the end of March, please direct them to the same email address above
- If you collect any attraction visitor figures, it would be great if we could use these to ‘plug the gaps’ where attractions don’t answer our survey. These results can either be published with the attractions’ permission, or used anonymously in our trend results
The survey is set to go out to attractions by post and online from 19th February, and numerous reminders will be sent out until the closing date on the 14th May.
Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
VisitEngland, Upper Ground Floor, 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0ET
T: 020 7578 1415 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For England tourism: W: www.visitengland.org | Twitter: @VisitEnglandBiz | LinkedIn: VisitEngland
For destination inspiration: W: www.visitengland.com | Twitter: @VisitEngland | Facebook: VisitEngland