The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for the strategic development, implementation and management of a range of on-line and off-line communication strategies, as well as overseeing the day to day operation of the Shakespeare’s England website. The primary focus will be on the development and management of domestic and international marketing campaigns that promote Shakespeare’s England. This varied role will be fundamental to the daily operation of the organisation and be a key member of a small and busy team, directly supporting Shakespeare’s England’s Chief Executive. The post holder will also assist in the recruitment of new members to help future proof this growing organisation.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To develop and manage the marketing and communications strategy of the DMO both domestically and internationally
- To develop and manage new partner campaigns that will help promote the area and increase visitors to the region
- Maximise the impact of all social media channels
- Work with the external web agency to develop the SEO strategy and Google analytics
- Assist the Chief Executive in the wider promotion of Shakespeare’s England to external and internal stakeholders
- Deputise for the Chief Executive at meetings and/or events as and when required
- Act as line manager for the Marketing and Administrative Co-ordinator
- Manage all aspects of the new Shakespeare’s England website and act as ‘publisher’ for new content
- Maximise all commercial opportunities provided by the new Shakespeare’s England website
- To encourage partners to take part in “ad hoc” marketing activity (consumer and trade) and manage their involvement
- To create, publish and distribute consumer and trade e-newsletters
- To work with the Chief Executive in directing Shakespeare’s England’s PR consultant with suggestions and ideas for future press activities and social media interaction
- To oversee the management of appropriate trade shows, both leisure and business tourism focused and co-ordinate the partner involvement in these events
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the DMO
- This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake any other duties as directed by the Chief Executive.
- This person will need to be able to work on their own initiative, be highly organised, manage their own work processes and able to meet tight deadlines.
- They must have proven experience in creating and delivering, on and offline marketing and communications activity
- Must be a confident CMS user with in depth experience and knowledge of WordPress
- Excellent copy writing skills with a high standard of English
- Excellent project management skills
- Have good presentation skills and be confident in addressing an audience
- Aware of industry trends and digital marketing
- Have quantifiable people management experience as well as proven experience of managing and working with a wide variety of stakeholders
- They must be confident in liaising with industry partners and developing mutually beneficial partnerships with them.
- They have to have been responsible for running a budget as well as maximising commercial opportunities for the benefit of the organisation
- At least 3 years experience of creating and managing marketing campaigns within a tourism environment
- They must have access to transportation to enable them to meet a wide variety of stakeholders throughout the region
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the leading international tourist destinations. Shakespeare’s England, Destination Management Organisation (DMO) is a private sector led, not for profit organisation, and is one of England’s newest DMO’s. It has the support and backing of some of the most famous names in English tourism – The Royal Shakespeare Company, The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust and Warwick Castle. It also has the support of Stratford District Council, Warwick District Council, Warwickshire County Council, VisitEngland and VisitBritain and will give you the chance to lead and develop some high profile marketing campaigns to a domestic as well as international audience. This is a great opportunity to progress or develop your career in destination management and tourism promotion and help shape the future of tourism promotion in the region.
The post holder will be based in Stratford-upon-Avon but may be expected to work from other bases/locations in the region.
The post is on a full time permanent contract with a salary of £28,000 pa.
If you would like to apply for the role please email your CV and a covering letter to Helen Peters, Chief Executive, Shakespeare’s England email@example.com
Or, if you would like to find out more about the role please call Helen Peters on 01789 260467 or 07469 159499 for more details.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th June 2017.