Swale have not produced hard copy literature for some of years due to a lack of resources. However, we have now decided to produce a Visit Swale map and destination information publication for distribution within the area and a little wider fulfilment (Kent & London).
I have been tasked with producing a specification and procuring the design, production and fulfilment of the ‘Visit Swale Visitors Map 2019/20’. I am sure many destinations (and BD sponsors) will have produced something similar over the years and I would be grateful for British Destination Members support and welcome:
- Examples of publication specification (to ensure I am not missing anything the trade needs)
- Recommendations or suggestions for supplier and fulfilment ahead of a procurement exercise.
Note: Key elements of the proposed publication which will be size – A2 Folded to DL:
- Four maps with keys identifying accommodation, attractions, annual festival venues and other general visitor amenities and directions:
Side One: Map of the whole of the Visit Swale Area – Faversham, Sittingbourne & Surrounding Villages & the Isle of Sheppey..
Side Two – Maps of Sittingbourne Town Centre, Faversham Town Centre & Sheerness on Sea Town Centre
Around the maps :
- Boxed listings of attractions – including one small image and contact details as featured on www.visit-swale.co.uk website (supplied by Visit Swale)
- Boxed listings of accommodation – including one small image and contact details as featured on www.visit-swale.co.uk website.
- General text box with Swale wide activities signposting trails and walks etc
Front Page: Visitors Map – Faversham, Isle of Sheppey, Sittingbourne & Surrounding Villages – www.visit-swale.co.uk
Back Page: Visitor information including social media links and TIC information.
My time line is quite short as the aim is to get this Visitor Map produced and distributed in January 2019.
Please encourage BD Members to send any ‘brief/specification’ examples for this type of publication and any suggested suppliers who are in the business of designing & producing the maps with whom I could focus and continue the process.
Martin Goodhew | Visit Swale Tourism Support Officer | Swale Borough Council
Contact: Email: email@example.com | Call: 01795 417399