I’m interested to hear from any destination that has introduced a tourism information bike or bikes. I also thought that others might just be interested in the idea? Examples can be found at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bizarrebiking/3431454161/ and at: http://www.essex.gov.uk/News/Pages/Visit-Essex-hops-on-the-saddle.aspx
If you do use them, then the points I am interested in clarifying include:
- Where did you source your bike(s) & get it branded?
- Costings and resources?
- How and where do/did you use it/them?
- Transportation and logistical issues?
- Other issues and pitfalls?
- What worked and, more importantly perhaps, what didn’t work?
(Please reply direct to Janice by email using the hyperlink below or, preferably, by using the forum reply facility “sharing your thoughts and comments” ,also below, so that other colleagues can benefit directly from your contributions).
Tourism Development & Marketing Officer
Planning & Regeneration